Our bodily functions completely based on our eating habits and the activities we perform regularly. When we do exercises, we are helping ourselves to stay healthy and active. Exercises promote our healthy living and give us the energy to move around without any complications. Activities are also used to treat severe health conditions such as Diabetes, Cardiovascular diseases, Cancer, Obesity, Arthritis and Osteoporosis etc. this term as Exercise physiology. It is simply an understanding of how your body responds to a different kind of exercises and activities. These responses include changes in metabolism and organ functions include heart, lung, and muscles, and other. It is a subpart of Kinesiology, which is the scientific study of human movement.
Exercise physiology is a professional medical study of body’s responses towards physical activities as well as the habit of adapting physical activities over time. These exercises are responsible for improving physical fitness, diagnosis and treatment of chronic health conditions. Hence it is also called Sports medicines where physical activities and processes play the role of medication and help for the treatment.
An exercise physiologist is the one who has qualified university graduate and possesses a wide range of skill and knowledge about the treatment solutions of chronic diseases, injuries with the help of physical exercises and fitness regimes.
Applications of Exercise Physiology
Exercise physiology is now become very common and already implemented in many clinics and physical centers. However, exercise physiology most commonly used to treat elderly patients who have chronic conditions after surgery or trauma. These treatment solutions include exercise that helps in improving metabolism, strengthen the muscular system and can reduce or reverse the progression of diseases. However, an exercise physiologist has to stay aware and design the workout regime after analyzing the patient’s health conditions and be prepared with all safety measures to reduce the chances of injury.
Studies proved that the patients who perform physiology exercises as a treatment solution with their regular medical treatment recover faster than patients who do not. It not only physically strengthens our body but also improve our mental conditions as well. One American study found that patients who carried out low-intensity exercise improved their walking. Exercise physiology allows the body to coordinate and maintain balance so it can carry out daily activities with minimal discomfort and independence.
Exercise Physiology for Treatment and Management of Chronic Conditions
Exercise is proven complete health solutions for treating chronic health conditions. Physical activities refresh our mind, body and keep us active all day. While exercising our body start converting the stored glucose into proteins and help to keep our blood sugar levels down. Here some more advantages are listed below or exercise physiology, read further to know more:
Exercise generally grouped into three types that can be implemented depending upon the overall health conditions of the patients and these are Flexibility, Aerobic and Anaerobic.
- Flexibility: – Improved flexibility and stretching produce a wide range of health benefits and effect on our overall well- being. It works on opening muscles, joints, and looser the tense muscles hence, you’ll experience less pain and stress in the muscles. It also gives relief from muscle cramps too. An exercise physiologist will assist you with proper practice to avoid injuries.
- Aerobic: – Aerobic exercises has many health benefits it not only strengthens our muscles but also lowers the risk of dying. Many exercise physiologists use aerobic exercises as a treatment method to treat patients suffering from heart diseases, diabetes, depression and many other chronic conditions. Studies show that people who participate in regular aerobic exercise live longer than those who don’t exercise regularly.
- Anaerobic: – Anaerobic exercises include muscles pumping and high-intensity exercises which include sprinting, lifting, weight, and exercising with resistance bands and interval training. An exercise physiologist will assist with proper methods and techniques to avoid injuries. These training methods intensify your breath rate, increase muscles mass and strength.
Advantages of Appointing Exercise Physiology:
Want to improve your health conditions and feel better and even add years to your life? If yes, then do exercises. I know this is not convincing much, but after reading this further, you will understand why it is essential to appoint an exercise physiology. Check out the below mentioned health benefits of exercising that can lead to a happier and healthier you.
- Diabetes, Cardiovascular diseases– Diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases occur due to metabolic syndromes in the body. Attending sessions with physiologist will help diabetic patients by increasing insulin sensitivity and maintains the blood sugar levels to normal in the body. Exercising boost metabolic activities in the body and help cells and muscles to absorb the sugar from the bloodstreams better. Practising exercises can assist cardiac patients to live a normal healthy life after suffering from heart attacks or strokes. Sessions involve both light resistance and cardiovascular based activities.
- Reduce diseases related to overweight– An exercise physiology can help to prevent excess weight gain by engaging you in physical activities. Sessions will help burn calories, improve digestive systems, and boost our muscles to perform actions more actively. It will also help to overcome diseases that occur due to overweight such as heart attacks, strokes, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis, fatty liver diseases and many other severe health conditions.
- Chronic respiratory diseases– Exercises help to overcome chronic respiratory disorders such as Asthma, pulmonary hypertension and many respiratory diseases in all age’s teens, adults, and seniors. Sessions will increase the breath rate, and enhance the physical capacities of breathing. Exercise physiology for respiratory disease patients can give greater independence, a better quality of life in carrying out day to day activities, and reduces feelings of exhaustion.
- Cancer– Exercise physiology also provide support to patients suffering from diseases like cancer during their diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment periods. They will help you to overcome the side effects of radiation, chemotherapy and also improve psychological health, physical strength and stamina too.
- Osteoarthritis– Osteoarthritis has now become very common amongst all age groups, especially in the seniors. Exercise physiology will assist you to reduce health problems by improving balance, manage weight, and reduce inflammations and stiffness in your joints. Practicing exercises guided by physiologist not only reduce injuries takes place due to ageing but also affects the joints of the hands, knees, hips, and lower back.
No matter, what health conditions you are suffering from? An exercise Physiologist plays a crucial role in improving overall health and wellness of an individual of all ages. If you have tried all the possible treatment methods to overcome your critical health conditions, then exercise physiology is the one you should give a try. It is medically proven that exercises guided by exercise physiologist help in strengthening, situation and rehabilitate elderly patients to help them avoid diseases and to improve their quality of life.
You can take consultation or hire a qualified and well-experienced exercise physiologies for your family from Townsville Family Medical Center. They can help to manage your health as part of a multidisciplinary and team, who work with you to help set goals and help you to achieve these goals while maintaining your other health conditions. Get in touch to learn more.